CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ready to slow down!

Being a senior education major who graduates in 23 days has its pros and cons! Obviously, the biggest pro is that I am ALMOST done! Who knew the light at the end of the tunnel would actually fully emerge! I am definitely ready. I am not, however, ready to leave our friends here at ETBU. Life will be different without them!

A con of being a senior education major about to graduate is the frenzy that accompanies it. Tonight was our rest night on p90x...I was so excited! Yet, I am reminded that it was in fact not restful as we just got home at 9:05 pm. We firstly went to my Education banquet. There, I won the Delores Neally Spruell Award...they explained it as was I was nominated unanimously by the education faculty as the elementary teacher most likely to succeed. The reason there is a name on the certificate is because there is a $100 reward for my efforts! Our dean said some very nice and flattering things about my GPA, my teaching, and my attitude and I am so encouraged! After the banquet, we took Sarah a cake for her birthday! Then we headed to the Alpha Chi honors fraternity induction. We had our yearbook picture for the year and then we headed to a forum on spiritual warefare. It was very interesting...but only so much can be discussed in a 60 minute block.

So, here I sit updating my blog instead of getting to bed on time. This weekend is our macho man/girls rule weekend! It's a weekend aimed at purity and modesty for our students! We are so excited about this event! It is going to be a great weekend for our students and us, too! Also, Saturday morning I am going to have a dog for the morning and parade him around for someone to adopt him! SO EXCITED!

I have job fairs and applications out of my ears! Please pray that God would reveal his plan for us so we can know where to have a home!

0 comments: