CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fun Stuff

I wanted to share a few things with my readers! In our classroom, we have been doing some fun things in social studies!

This is called the eight fold person, it was made out of 1 sheet of white paper and a circle from the head from another piece of paper. On the inside of the character's shirt, you can write facts or stories about the character! What's neat is that you can use these for historical figures, your students biographies, story characters, athletes, etc. It is so cute so I thought I would show my student's work. This is our People of the Alamo display!









Here is one of the Suzanna Dickensons upclose!







This is a folder game that I made for a review for our social studies test! They are incredibly simple to make since you design it yourself! I made the rules to be generic so the game can be played for any kind of review of any subject, you just have to make new questions each time!



The last thing that I wish I could post a picture or video but I can't seeing in that I don't have permission to use my students' faces is our news cast! We had a lesson guided by one of the lessons in our social studies book. We read the lesson the day before with a picture slideshow for engagement. Then, the next day, we reinacted the events from the lesson as if they were unfolding in real life! We reinacted the Mexican War including the boundary disputes, the skirmish at the Rio Grande, the Battle at Palo Alto, General Winfield Scott taking over Mexico City, and the Treaty of Hidalgo being singed. They all had one of those specific events and had to write a newscast as a group. They then acted out the news cast with interviews, news anchors, and field reporters. It was the cutest thing I have EVER seen! I wish so badly I could show everyone! I also want to post our class picture, but I'm pretty sure I can't do that either!
I miss my Spring Hill students very much! I am now embarking on a new journey in Marshall at Crockett Elementary in third grade. It was been interesting thus far. We will pray for a great second half!


0 comments: