CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Breaking the Habit

I am already trying to break my coffee habit. I thoroughly enjoy the caffeine boost I get from the stuff, but it makes my stomach want to revolt...not badly...just enough to make me know that I don't feel completely right. Obviously my body is saying, "your selfish idea of waking up is not fun I will make you miserable." So, I am trying to just get enough sleep at night. Every morning, I would love to drink a nice iced diet dr. pepper, but it just messes with my breathing too much when I run. Speaking of running, I went yesterday but skipped out today. I am trying not to feel guilty because I know that I need rest...I felt awful today...but I still do feel guilty because I can't seem to get back into a consistent work out regimen...bah.

I had my first lesson that my university supervisor came to watch. She had so many good things to say (encouragement and critique)! She told me I was a natural and I was very flattered by that. She also was so excited and impressed that I use my new iPhone in class for a lot of different things. If I need to look up a picture online, I can do it and zoom in on it with the elmo. I was able to play the song that the Mexican army played as they marched in towards the Alamo for my class off of my iPhone, too! What a great tool! She thought that was genius! I felt clever :).

Everytime I make games for my class that is for two teams (the class divided in half), I give them ridiculous names that I hope will make them say, what?? or gross! We have played Jeopardy twice and a cloud game and the names have been given as followed: Llamas vs Wombats, Armpits vs Feet, and Aplacas vs Squid. At first, the students reacted like, "how could you do this to us??" But they quickly embraced the names and begin yelling for their oddly named teams! I had students saying "Armpits are smellier, so they're better!" and another student rebutted with, "but feet sweat more!" It was entertaining to me that they enjoy their names. I love being able to share some of my oddity with them. They really look forward to what their team names will be when we play. I love it!

Happy Birthday to my Granny! She had a birthday yesterday and she is one of the most wonderful ladies on the face of this planet!! She is beautiful, graceful, and so kind. I can only pray to be as wonderful as she as I mature! I love you Granny!

1 comments:

westcoastsoul said...

I had to break my coffee habit (okay french vanilla not quite the same lol) because it left me too jittery but unable to sleep. I switched to tea and it seems to provide a much more gradual wake up haha.