CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Week 4

I am almost devastated to type week 4 in my title. I cannot believe this will be the halfway point of my first half of student teaching! Gosh, I am so sad! I am loving every second of it. I never dread going to school everyday and when I'm gone, I miss my kids! I may be ridiculous, but I praise God everyday that this experience was dropped in my lap when I thought it was a huge mistake in the first place. Wow, God...you're such a silly guy!

Anyways, I teach in the afternoons. I teach spelling and social studies or science (right now is our three week social studies interval). Next week I will start teaching ALL day. Can I just say I love social studies? Today was the Alamo lesson...SO much fun. I get so excited and I think it gets the kids excited, too! I am almost positive that I have the assertive presence I have been lacking. My students are no longer testing my boundaries and I am thankful for that!

I dealt with my first throw-up student last week. She came up to Mrs. Jordan's desk to make corrections on her paper and she just started getting sick. I told the students to turn around and do their work and gave the girl the trashcan and she walked up to the nurse. It was really sad because I, being the Madame Barfs-a-lot of elementary school, know how it feels to puke in front of a class. She went home sick, obviously...but the situation was handled...and I didn't throw up myself, so SUCCESS!

I finished the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and I loved every page of it! Almost every student in my class who is able to read that level has begun the series and I am excited that I was able to help them get excited! I have started the Harry Potter series again....don't judge me, haha!

Anyways, life is so wonderful and I am loving every minute of this whole teaching business!

0 comments: