CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, January 18, 2010

Perks of Student Teaching!

Because today was a holiday in the public school system, I had a day off!! It was absolutely wonderful. I slept until 11 this morning, worked out, had lunch with Tim, and cleaned our apartment! We are about to go grocery shopping followed by pizza and watching the Stars game! We haven't had an evening together, alone, in over a week! I am very excited!

Friday I got to be the teacher in my class because my teacher was at a workshop. It went well overall. I had to do some documentation because, of course, the day the teacher is gone there is a scuffle on the playground. But, the boys were all happy and friends again by the end of the day...one just had a black eye. So, I documented the incident just to be safe in case there was a mad parent (which I doubt there will be) and I checked with a teacher that I had taken necessary steps.

My boundaries were tested on Friday. The students, being the little stinkers they are, decided they would see what exactly they could get away with. So, I was pretty stern with them, but they were kept in line! Hopefully next time they will just know how I work and forget the testing the boundaries part.

We had our DNOW this weekend at Crossroads. Our youth had a great time, we had a great time, and I think they learned some good stuff. I am really going to miss our youth group when we move. It was so nice to see Daniel, Mary, Chaz, and Hannah, too! I miss them so much and it was great to hang out and catch up.

So starts week three tomorrow!

1 comments:

westcoastsoul said...

What grade are you teaching? I'm going to be doing a teacher education program starting in 2011 hopefully : )