CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, January 7, 2010

It MUST be a dream!

So, because three flawlessly wonderful days is just unheard of...I must tell my tale of day 3. It's funny how when big events come up you dream about them. I remember the month before my wedding. I kept having these ridiculous re-occuring dreams that I would be up at the alter and some guy (not Tim) would come down and I HAD to marry him...I had no choice. I also remember dreaming about sleeping through my finals the night before finals. Well, in my dream last night, I was awaken by a doorbell ringing. I had no idea why someone would be ringing the doorbell before 6 am. Then, Tim jumps out of bed and says, "Jenni, it's 7:05!" I jumped out of bed to see my phone ringing because my ride is waiting for me outside.

Then, I realized...this was not a dream at all. It was the reality of my morning. So, I washed my face and put on some makeup, grabbed the first pair of clothes I could find and left...10 minutes flat. (My ride had left at 7:05 because I would not make them late because of my stupidity.) In the midst of my getting ready frenzy, my hunk of a husband was being the saintly wonderful man that I love so dearly. He went out to start the car, put in the address in the GPS, made my lunch for me, and was waiting at the door to kiss me goodbye. With the help of him and my GPS, I arrived at the school at 7:59 and the students were not in the room yet. My teacher had been notified thanks to my friend, Andrea, whose mom works at the school. My teacher was absolutely understanding and wonderful about the situation. It was a bad morning. (I never turned the sound on my phone back on last night after church, so while my alarm was going off, there was no sound.)

Because of the kink of the morning, I felt out of it during the day and tired. So, because there cannot be three perfect days in a row...this one came about.

I have decided to be a better blogger and try to humor you readers with my fun student teaching stories. Hopefully you enjoyed my drama of the morning. What a nightmare!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

baaahhh! thats ok. it happens to everyone. i was actually really late this morning because the daycare lady that had morning duty (and the only one that had the key) overslept. had to wait on the manager to come and unlock before i could leave colin! but i couldnt be mad because it happens to us all! i am so glad that you love spring hill...and your teacher. still wish you could have been at my school though!

Mary said...

Wow...oh my goodness!! Aww...the part about Tim actually made me tear up. What a great guy! You guys are so good for and to each other!!

I'm sure you DID not laugh at any point in this story until much later on...so glad you can see the humor in it now! You are greatnessssssss.