CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ay Ay Ay....

I know Tim and I followed God by getting married. So, why are we struggling so bad financially? I know God provides...and He will continue, but oh my goodness- bills keep stacking up! Today, I was trying to get cleared from the business office so I can go to school this semester. We owed $728 for our summer rent which showed up as being covered by our financial aid package. Well, we were told that we were to pay it and then we would get a refund since it showed under our financial aid package. Apparently, that was incorrect information. I went and paid thinking we would get our refund in six to eight weeks, and she told me I would get $415 for a book voucher and nothing for a housing refund. So, there goes the $728 we charged on the credit card thinking we would get the refund and pay it off as if we had never charged it. We are struggling financially, and it's scary! I am just ready to be on our feet making normal paychecks so that we can get in the swing of things.

We are both very ready for me to graduate so we can both go get the jobs we actually went to school for. Our annual income will almost quadruple when we get jobs in two years. Poor Tim, I know he is really not enjoying his job right now because it is SO hot outside. He is working 8 hour (well 10 hours until this week) days in the sun. If it weren't for me getting my tuition paid for my senior year through his job, he probably wouldn't work there. I really want to get out of debt...most of the debt is from school and it is terrifying when I look at the amount of the loans between Tim and me. I am venting...

God provides. That is what I keep having to be reminded.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey girl! I know it seems tough right now, and it is! But you are so good and so right to know that God is in control of it all. Gather reassurance in the fact that you KNOW you followed God's lead in marriage now! I know it is scary to be young, believe me I know, but God will work it out and He has you! Let me know if there is anything I can do for ya! It is ok to vent, to question, know that!

JoyiaW said...

Hey Jenni, I wish I had some encouragement for you. But, Adam and I still have financial issues. Right now we are enrolled and taking a Dave Ramsey course "Financial Peace University". I thought it would be pretty boring, but it's actually very informative. He shows you how to go about paying off debt (including student loans, etc.) faster and how to save money (no matter how little you have) so that you won't go in debt EVER again! I have all 13 dvds and book if you are interested- let me know. It's really best to try to figure some of what he says out at a younger age, so you guys would be perfect to start now!

Sarah said...

give me a U! give me a P! give me a D! give me a A! give me a T! give me a E! what does that spell? UPDATE!!!!