CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mawiage

When I fell in love with Tim, I fantasized about how marriage was going to be and how wonderful it would be to have the love of my life with me forever. Now that it is here, I can't believe how naive I was....naive in a good way...naive to think that it would only be as good as I thought. It has exceeded my expectations and I am in awe at how wonderful it is to spend everyday and every night with the man God has called me to be with. It is crazy how perfectly God created marriage. Sure, it isn't always easy, but it is so amazing. The bond that grows between a husband and wife is absolutely breathtaking. How could two people be designed to help each other's weaknesses and feed off of each other's strengths so perfectly? I guess that is the mystery of God's power.

It brings me grief to see what our world today sees marriage as. It is a broken, corrupt, temporary fling that has fallen with mankind. This is not how it was intended to be. First of all, 1 Corinthians 13 explains the importance of love. Well, what is love? 1 John is full of love references that explain what love is and how we should love. Love is applied to each of the husband and the wife in Ephesians 5 telling of how the husband is to love his wife as Christ loved the church...bathing them in the word of God. Wives, they are to love their husbands and to submit to them. So, now it is obvious why marriage here has gone wrong. If people don't know of Christ's love in the first place, how can they have the marriage God intended them to?

Now, I'm not saying me and Tim's marriage is perfect by any means, but becaue we have the love of Christ, our love goes beyond what many American's love does. This is the wonderful gift of God. Knowing this, I am challenged to use our marriage as an example of grace and love and let people see that who may not know Christ. I want everyone to experience what God has intended for those who accept His love.

I love my husband and I love our marriage.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

you are so right about how many people are not understanding God's love. That IS exactly why many marriages fail. It's also amazing how "learning to love each other" in your marriage helps you understand God's love even more! So that is something for you to look forward to. I'm so glad that you are finding marriage to be fulfilling.

Kristen said...

Oh myg gosh girl I could not agree more!! It is so true to see how wonderful God created marriage and how sad it is that 50% of our population is missing out on it! I love how awesome our God is!

Mary said...

Once you're married, it's so clear why God compared His relationship with the Church to marriage. Letting your own self-interests die to meet the other's needs, giving whatever it takes to make the relationship work. What an amazing comparison, and what a difficult task it can be to have this kind of "marriage" sometimes. People often give up on each other, but long before they do that, they give up on God. If only we'd cling on to Him and fight for what we know is worthy!