CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oh corn!





The title of the post is for my granny and my mom. They say "oh corn" or "oh foot" when something goes wrong, haha. Really, there's nothing wrong minus the fact that I am yet again procrastinating.

Also, I mention corn because Jeff, Sarah, Colin, Tim, and I went to the corn maze/pumpkin patch/farm thing in Shreveport this weekend. I value my friendship with them so very much, this weekend was pleasant! I laugh so hard when we hang out with them...we have many "adventures" even if Sarah does not like being adventurous!


Tim and I are still absolutely clueless about where we need to go to church at. We still don't feel "at home." It's disheartening...it just makes us want to stop church for a while. But, we need the fellowship and family...so that's not okay. Pray that we will find a church home somewhere that we can be loved and used for His work.


I had a traumatic hair cut this weekend. It is uneven and not at all what I wanted...so in an hour I get to go get it fixed, and I am incredibly excited...I have had to wear my hair up in the past few days because of how awful it is. Luckily, my old roommate's mom is a wonderful stylist and she will save the day!


Can I just say that I am really bad at personal relationships? Since I've gotten married, it seems the thing I care about the most is coming home to Tim to hang out and rest...which isn't bad, but I feel like I have neglected other friendships I have made in the past. Luckily, we have married friends, too, which makes it easier to hang out all together at once..but still...sometimes I feel like I isolate myself...and lately it doesn't bother me that I do, and I don't know if that's okay.

Well I hope everyone is having a good, yet cool, week!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey girl I know what you mean about other friendships. I started feeling the same way, and at first wasn't really bothered by it, but then decided I should take some action against it. I have tried to go and spend some other time outside of the house, even if just for a little while, and you know what?!?! It is ssooo worthwhile! Seriously! I found it easier to start by doing little things like hanging around after late classes like math and stuff just for five minute convos! Seriously it will make a differene! Of course, who doesn't love going home to their husband! Let me know if you ever need someone to talk to or hang out with during the day as I am feeling the friend void/loss thing too!

Sarah said...

First of all....I DO hate adventures but they are quite bearable when they happen with yall. I love yall muchly! We need to hang out ATLEAST once a week....if not more! :)

Second of all...I think it is normal to feel like you are neglecting friendships after you get married. Things are different, you are busy, you get tired, and what little time you have left, you want with your husband. Don't feel bad....just as long as you leave time for me!

Mary said...

i understand about finding a new "home" church. It's so hard. Especially when your past contains hurts that happened in church or by church people. But God does want you two to use your gifts to serve and to be challenged by a family! (No one lets strangers challenge them..call them out.)

How did/is your married couples bible study go/ing? ("Pink and blue" or something like that.)

I miss you guys. I miss our talks and the wisdom and laughs you'd pass on to me like some contagious disease I needed but never knew I wanted.! lol I need more Jenni in my life. love you and pray for you!

Ando said...

That is such a good pic of you and Tim. I will be praying for your search for a church home.

Maaaaaaa said...

I am so happy that you,Tim,Jeff,Sarah,& Colin have so much fun together!! There is never a dull moment when Jeff & Tim are in the same room!! Finding a new church home is difficult...but please keep trying, it is easy to fall into the trap of "getting out of the habit" ..before long you find that extra time on Sunday comes in handy and it is hard to get back into the swing of things. I can't wait to see you this weekend......OH CORN...it is time to go to work.