CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hello old friend...

It's definitely been a while since my last post. As suspected, school beginning has taken over my life and no longer do I have time to dawdle around on the internet.I should be reading and working on endless MINDLESS projects for my classes...but I think it's good to unwind a bit.

My classes this semester are not that bad. Sometimes I get really tired of classes that feel like an insult to my intelligence. I feel like I am wasting my time and money on certain classes that will go unnamed. Anyways, I am definitely thankful that it's a light load even if I still have a lot to do. Projects, projects, projects...and they're all the SAME just for different subjects! Venting completed.

It's weird to have wifely duties. When I get home from work, I usually have an hour until class. So, I do dishes. When I get out of class, I go home a straighten the house, vacuum, make the bed, sort the mail, clean the bathroom, and the kitchen (I can't stand a dirty kitchen...or even a dirty house for that matter!). Then, I sit and I read or work on whatever assignment or project I have until Tim gets home. Tuesdays and thursdays I go to class and get home at 6:30 and cook dinner afterwards. Then, I clean up dinner and spend the small remaining time left with my husband. I have never been much of a clean freak...but now that this is our HOME, I cannot stand for anything to be out of place. Ask Tim haha. I like that I have routine, but it's just funny to look at myself as a wife.

This week we began our Journey program here at ETBU. Journey is an organization that gives freshman upperclassmen mentors aka "mom and dad" and brothers and sisters that are all freshmen, too. They meet once a week for bible study and encouragement and then hang out and build relationships all semester. For this organization, I am a coordinator. Monday went AMAZING. We have done a lot of preparation and retreats and meetings and we finally began! We had almost 200 freshman show up!! Our moms and dads this year are amazing....all spirit led passionate people who want to be RELATIONAL. I am so stoked. It takes up a lot of time, but it's so worth it!

Tim and I are church hopping. Lucky for me, chapel on Wednesday was a church fair. So, I got to go around and meet people from different churches and see what they had to offer. Two churches in particular stuck out and we will be visiting them in the coming weeks. I talked to the youth pastors of both churches and both were so excited that I brought up Tim and I wanting to help with youth! We want to work with youth, just not full time. So, I am incredibly excited about checking them out and seeing where God wants us! In fact, one of the youth pastors emailed me personally. Pretty cool...I hope we find where we need to be!

I should probably update this more often so that I don't write novels every post.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey girl! Bout time you got a new post going!!! I am so glad to hear about your happenings!! I know what you mean about stupid classes and junk!! YUCK!! I hate them too! You and Tim should definitely try out Macedonia, their youth program is amazing and has some AWESOME kids in it! Come and check it out, you can hang with us, we go to the youth SS first and then to our own married class which is way cool! Anyways, hope you have a great day!

Kristen

Sarah said...

This is not Sarah, but her... erm.... smellier half.

Kiss a butt