CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sleep habits

One of the biggest surprises of marriage has been the sleep habits of my husband, Tim. Before we got married, he swore to me that he layed on his stomach with his hands pulled in and did not move at all (like he would know since he was asleep, right? haha). Well, I have learned that is NOT what happens. He changes positions a lot and talks. Many nights I am awaken and I can't help but laugh at the funny things he does in his sleep. One night he was on a roll! He woke up at one point talking about his feet and when I said "what?" he mumbled something and fell back asleep. Later that night, he rolled over and patted my leg and was still asleep. After that, he rolled over and put his arms around me and said, "no shower." And I asked him, "you don't want ME to take a shower?" and he said, "no" and then I asked, "do you not want to take a shower?" and he mumbled and was out again. He does things like this many nights, but I can't always make out what he says. Last week, he mumbled something about moving rocks. Last night, he mumbled something about food, but I couldn't make out what he said. The funniest thing he has done happened last night as he was falling asleep! I was facing away from him and I heard like a smacking noise. He was kissing his hand! He woke up and was like, 'oh my gosh, that's not you!" It was so funny, somehow he thought he was kissing me...so I kissed him and laughed for a while.
On another note, I woke up myself up last week punching the air...haha I've never done that before, Tim must be rubbing off on me. I was punching this guy in my dream and lo and behold, I awoke taking a cheap shot in thin air!

I have my first test and my first peer teaching today! Wish me luck! This weekend we are coming to Arlington to visit my family, then to Cool to visit the grandparents and then Sunday to Ennis! Busy, busy weekend!

I hope your week is going splendidly!

1 comments:

JoyiaW said...

Haha, Jenni. I completely understand about waking up in the middle of the night because of a spouse. Adam talks, walks, and argues with I don't know who while in his sleep every single night. Definitely something ya have to get use to because it doesn't stop. On another note- Good luck on your tests and teaching!! Praying you have safe trips everywhere this weekend.