CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, January 16, 2009

Her name is Jenni!

I started my internship at the elementary school this week. It has been good. Tuesday I was in a second grade class, and I wanted to be in a third or fourth so a girl and I switched so now I am in third grade! I loved Thursday's class so much! The kids were so sweet and their teacher has wonderful classroom management. She did say this was a uniquely obedient class, but still this teacher is good at her management. I was talking to a student in the morning and she said, "My name is Gabrielle but I go by Gabby because I don't like the name Gabrielle." I found common ground and said, "I know how you feel, my name is Jennifer, but I like people to call me Jenni." So, the whole class the was whispering to her friends, "Her name is Jenni!" She felt special because she knew my first name instead of Mrs. Darst. I was able to read to them and observe reading and math. I enjoyed it a lot!

I was excited when I got my internship badge because it said Mrs. Darst! I haven't been able to use that name yet and now I do! It's exciting!

I guess I haven't updated in a while...so for those of you who do not know, Tim and I have been married now for six months! It's so wonderful!! I love him and he is my breath of fresh air after a long day of school, internships, and work! I love him so much!

On a much sadder note, a girl from the education department was killed in a car accident yesterday morning. She was in a few of my classes throughout my time here at ETBU. She was on her way to a school to do her student teaching and a truck had a blowout and hit her car and she died at the scene. It was so heartbreaking because not only is that tragic, but she is someone who I have interacted with and been around. She was the sweetest girl, a bit shy, but had an incredibly huge heart. I have a hard time understanding why. Anytime things like this happen, I struggle with what God wants to use this for. I mean, she was a senior, almost graduated, she was going to be a choir teacher, she had so much going for her, but God didn't intend on what we thought her future would be. What is even worse is that there was no speeding, alcohol, or anything wrong involved with the accident...it was all due to a blown tire and loss of control of the truck that hit her headon. It's a stupid accident. I can't imagine being in her parents place...getting a phone call that their daughter was taken from them. I know God always gets the glory and that He is always in control but sometimes it's just hard to see. Pray for their family.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey! That is such a cute story? Where are you interning at and who with? This internship is the best, and the one you will learn the most from. My advice, take whatever student work your teacher will allow you to run off back, it will be of GREAT use in future courses!!! Seriously, fluency charts, taks targets, anything you can!!!

Sarah said...

Jenni!!!!!!!!