CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's Official!

I am now the backup goal keeper for the ETBU Women's Soccer team! I had training yesterday and it went wonderfully! At one point for a slight second I was questioning why I had volunteered to throw myself of the ground over and over...but I'm really excited about it! I'm not that bad! I prayed that God would close the door if it wasn't in His plan and so far it is still open! I started to stress about missing classes but the dean of my department told me it would be great and I should enjoy myself. I then realized that I would be needing to email assignments and do work while we were on the road. We didn't have a laptop, nor do we have money laying around for one. Well, usually when I get paid I give the money right back to the school to pay for rent. Well, this check came in after we had already payed our rent. SO, we had a full check available. That same night, Jeff, Tim and I started leading worship for a youth conference in Tatum, TX. We got paid...we were not expecting it but we did and added up we had enough money for a laptop! So, we got one and didn't even spend all the money set aside for one! I am definitely more confident in my decision now! God has been good...He is good. Our first game is tonight at 7. I am excited...I may not be playing but it will still be awesome to be out there!

Classes are going! I am slightly overwhelmed at the amount of work there will be this semester...but I am on top of things! If I can continue in this pattern life will be good! I am just a very busy girl. Luckily, I have Tuesday afternoons to do homework and study.

I start Thursday in a 6th grade language arts class on Thursdays!! I'm really excited to see what teaching a sixth grade class is like!! The second half of the semester I am going back down to third grade...which will be great because I loved it last time...but I have already been in a third grade class and it would be nice to be in something I haven't done yet. Anyways...this should be good!

I'll try to keep everyone updated...

2 comments:

Mary said...

Yay! congrats, Jenni! What a new adventure to be on, so exciting!

I think 6th graders are a completely different race. lol I love them, I really do, as a Youth Minister anyway. They (most, anyway) still have an air of innocence about them that will be lost in about 2 years. lol But they are icky pre-teens, so mouthing off happens too. Woo-hoo! I guess this will help you figure out more precisely what grade you want, huh? Miss you and love you!

Taylor said...

I can't imagine teaching anything OTHER than 6th grade!!! They talk tough, but are still just kids trying to figure out this thing called life. I think you will love them.