CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

ticker

 BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What a Day

This week has started as "one of those weeks." I think some of it has to do with the fact that we have been on the road for two weekends in a row (that's exhausting). We went to Mississippi the week before last and then this weekend we were in Abilene. Weird that Mississippi is closer than Abilene...crazy Texas. I think it also has to do with the fact that it has been so dadgum rainy. I love rain, I really do...but it's making my pants get wet everyday, boo. Also, my door to my car is broken so I have to crawl through the passenger side because I can't keep my window down when it's raining and it's a pain. Rain should be for when I am at home cuddled up on the couch reading Harry Potter :0) So, no more complaining....that was just the rough part of my week.

Tonight we had practice from 7:30 to 9:30. It started out not so great...I have these new gloves and I hate them...but they fit unlike the last ones. I feel like they are making me drop the ball a lot...but my coach says it's because I'm not used to them. I was in tears a few times as I went to get water because I was getting so frustrated. Then, we scrimmaged so I was actually in the goal. I did okay (or so I felt). I let two in but they were up high so they were difficult to reach. I made a few good saves and my kicks were descent...so I felt okay but still INCREDIBLY frustrated. Well, we ran sprints at the end and after we were done coach came up to me and said, "Darst! I am so impressed with you!" I was totally taken back because I felt horrible about how things were going. He said, "I didn't expect you to be bad, but I am highly impressed with your progress." I felt so excited when I got home and told Tim I cried! My coach is one who is not a cheerleader. He does not compliment people often...so this meant the world to me! I feel much better now. God's encouraging me...I still sometimes question my decision.

Aside from that, life is busy as ever. I am reminded of high school. My every minute is full of SOMETHING seeing that it is the big education semester. But, I am taking care of business and getting things done.

I miss my family. I miss my parents...when we went to Abilene, we stopped in Arlington to eat and my mom stopped by to say hi. I was really sad to leave. I haven't been to my house since July 4th! I really can't wait until I can go home and see them! I also miss my in-laws...I feel sad that we have not been able to come see everyone. I miss my grandparents and cousins. I miss Jeff, Sarah, and Colin, too. We live in the same city but as I mentioned, almost every minute of everyday is full of something so our weekly hangouts have been pushed aside...I miss you guys...I love y'all!

So, as some of you know...Buddy has cancer. I am sad about this...I know he's a dog but he's MY dog and I am so afraid that I won't get to come home and spend some good time with him before he either gets really sick or dies :(. I want to go home...

This may sound depressing but I'M NOT...I promise...I am loving life and Tim has been absolutely wonderful to me since being swamped with soccer (he's always wonderful, but esp. now!)

I will try to keep this updated more often. We have our conference openers this week...dun dun dun.....

3 comments:

Maaaaaaa said...

I love you Jenni....don't worry about Buddy..right now he is doing well. He is taking three medications and really doesn't seem to be sick at all.

Taylor said...

Well I want you to come home too so you can meet Miss Raegan!!! But it sounds as if, even though you are very busy, you are making some fun memories. Cherish them. Life will soon be full of working full time and paying bills. You'll long for these hectic days again!

Jeff Stapleton said...

I say that it is a time for Chili's tomorrow